Providence Health & Services Administrative Associate - Ambulatory Cancer Center in Santa Monica, California
Providence is calling a Administrative Associate to Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA.
Under the general supervision of the Director, John Wayne Cancer Center Clinics, the Administrative Associate is responsible for the daily administrative support to the Nursing Director John Wayne Cancer Center Clinics.
In this position you will:
• Create and maintain high level spreadsheets, graphs, and data reports.
• Maintain department records, reports and files as required.
• Assist in care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
• Manage office-related activities for the Nursing Director, including, but not limited to, space planning, furniture needs, building maintenance and safety, ordering supplies for entire Patient Care Service Management Team, maintenance of copy machines and scheduling of trash/recyclable pickup.
• Receive and handles calls and messages both from outside clients and within the departments promptly and courteously using critical judgment in transferring calls.
• Assist with the daily functioning of the Nursing Management Team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
One year experience in a healthcare setting
Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Knowledge of medical terminology
Knowledge of Health Information medical record management and computer systems
Able to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
High School graduate or equivalent
Completion of course in Medical Terminology
Post High School Vocational/Specialized training
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John’s Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 228493